In partnership with Hodge Clemco, IMechE Argyll Ruane now run an industry leading Blast Cleaning Appreciation course. Training for employees will provide a number of benefits for your organisation such as a reduction in downtime and improved efficiency.
The courses are offered to help maintain a safe and efficient workplace through knowledge transfer and are intended for all staff involved in the operation and management of the surface finishing process, from operators, managers, supervisors, health & safety personnel, through to inspectors.
Courses can be undertaken at our training facility in Sheffield where we can offer a leading edge learning environment and practical facilities. We can also offer training at the customer’s site using their own equipment or we can provide loan equipment for practical training. Our team of training advisors are available to talk you through the options, and our training can be tailored to suit customers’ specific needs.
Typically the course consists of one day training that covers both practical and theory.
- Learning objectives
- Blast cleaning principles
- Surface preparation standards [Profile and Sa]
- Blast machine principle of operation [wet and dry]
- Blast cleaning component analysis
- Problem solving and routine maintenance
- PPE requirements
- Risk assessments
- Abrasive types and selection
- Practical – Assembly and start up procedure
- Practical – Breathing air quality assessment
- Practical – Individual use of blasting equipment to required standards
- Shutdown procedure and storage
Our Airless Spray courses are scheduled by demand. If you wish to attend one of these courses, please contact us.