Garnet is a naturally occurring mineral. It is popular as an expendable blast media offering a cleaner application than traditional expendables, with improved cutting performance, compatibility to non-ferrous metals and low tendency to embedment. In 80 and 120 grades, the media is used extensively as a waterjet cutting media. The product is tested in accordance with ISO11126-10 and ISO11127-6 & 7 and is compliant with Rolls Royce CSS211 specification.
GAR-MAC120 0.106 – 0.25 mm
GAR-MAC80 0.15 – 0.425 mm
GAR-MAC30/60 0.25 – 0.6 mm
GAR-MAC20/40 0.425 – 0.85 mm
GAR-MAC12/25 0.7 – 1.7 mm
GAR-MAC8/16 2.36 – 1.18 mm
• Filtration Media
• Metals: Aerospace approval
• Metals: Flash removal
• Metals: Keying surfaces for rubber/plastic bonding
• Metals: Light deburring
• Metals: Peening
• Metals: Matt or textured finish
• Metals: Mould die and tool cleaning
• Metals: Preconditioning and cleaning
• Metals: Preparation for paint metal or plastic spraying
• Metals: Preparation for enamelling/electroplating/anodising
• Metals: Removal of paint/scale/rust
• Metals: Removal of solder/weld/flex
• Metals: Sheen finishing or anti-reflective treatment
• Open Nozzle Blasting
• Ship Pre Cleaning/Ship Recycling/Ship Dismantling
• Surface Finishing
• Surface Preparation
• Waterjet Cutting
• Wood: Decontamination
• Wood: Paint & coating removal without damage
• Wood: Rejuvenation
• Wood: Surface preparation
For more information on our range of products view our product catalogue.
See the full selection of our abrasive materials in our abrasives brochure.
Watch our product videos on our YouTube channel.